What the Warwick Record Office does when it’s closure week
The Warwick Record Office is closed for a week every month to allow collections to be catalogued properly and put on the online catalogue. Every month they have a Newsletter available on the Reception desk for patrons to pick up.
This is what they did in the December collections week.
CR 4467 Fillongley Farm Accounts Book – a bit of a mystery item as they have not been able to find out to which farm it belongs. They would welcome anyone who may think they might know which it is. There are various loose items which were found inside the volume but which don’t seem to help.
CR 4420 Stockton Primary School – is a small collection of Log Books and Admission Registers covering 1862 to 1996. The majority of the collection is available to view without restriction as most of the items do not fall within the established closure periods but some may so ask the archivist when ordering. The full catalogue for CR 4420 is on the online catalogue
CR 4401 Automotive Products employees 25 year Club – contains records from the AP 25 Club set up in 1960 for both current and previous long term employees of AP. Trips and outings were organised etc. It includes photos of various events and some administration books together with booklets and articles which describe how the Club was formed and the history of AP itself. The records are now in the online catalogue.
CR 3680 Bilton, Property Deeds – a small collection of deeds relating to land and property in Bilton (3 conveyances)
CR 4386 Leamington Football Club – covers 1977 to 2010 so a large amount of the collection will not be on open access. It covers both business and ephemeral records relating to the Club.
DR 304 Radway Parish Records – a small miscellaneous bundle – DR 304/10 was part of the incumbent’s working papers
DR 168 Walsgrave on Sowe Parish Records – contains a churchwardens account bookdated 1857-1910 and another 5 documents and plans relating to the exchange of an estate at Woodford Northants which belonged to members of the Boughton Leigh family together with the Trustees of the Daventry Charity Lands at Cosford in the parish of Newbold upon Avon} Dated between 1845 and 1848. the collection also contains correspondence and newspaper reports from the Coventry Standard and the Northampton Herald.
DR 1430 Milverton St James parish – Register of Banns of Marriage 1877-1996, Register of Baptisms 1972-1987 and a Service Register (with accounts) 1902-1971
CR 4322 St Mary’s Allotment Association – Minutes, rent books and accounts. The majority of the collection is available for general access (apart from the Meeting Minute Book which extends into the 1950s and which has been closed at the request of the depositor).